- There is no age limit for any grade
- Any student pursuing music, dance and fine arts course can apply. No academic Qualification needed.
- Gradation scales are from 1 to 8. However a student can apply for any grade directly based on their level of competence as advised by their teacher.
- Students can appear for exams only with the endorsement of the teacher.
- The grade to which the student can appear will be decided by respective teachers
- Examination will be conducted in various centers.
Note: Direct Appearance to Grade 7 & 8 is not allowed. (Grade skipping is allowed only till Grade - 6)
Average < 40; Good 41 - 60; Very Good 61 - 70; Excellent 71 -80;
OutStanding 81 - 100 (Practical Mark should be 55 & Above)
Students those who have not secured the expected results can do Improvement Examination in Theory & Practical. (Improvement Exam will be held only @ Bridge academy Chennai on 11th May 2019) Improvement Exam Fees: Theory: Rs.300; Practical Rs.600;
Students will be awarded Bridge Academy’s Grade certificate after the completion of Grade Exam.
Grade Exam Assessment & Exam pattern
- Carnatic Music Practical marks will be based on Sruthi, Thalam, Swarasthanam, Memory and Overall Presentation.
Bharatanatyam Practical marks will be based on Arai Mandi, Solkattu, Anga Shuddi, Memory and Overall Presentation.
- Drawing & Painting practical marls will be based on Correctness and accuracy of answer to the question, neatness of drawing and coloring, Neatness of the answer paper. Students should bring their own art materials except Answer Paper.
- After the examinations, Teachers can contact Examiners to know about the performance of their students at the examination center itself.
- Skipping grades will be examined along with the applied grade
- Practical: 70 Marks; Theory / Assessment: 30 Marks for GRADE 1 to 8.
- No theory for PRE Grade
- If the student is secured Average will be re-examined for the previous grade during next appearing grade exam.
For Bharatanatyam Students
CD player and Pen drive are not allowed in the examination.
- Bharatanatyam students should be accompanied by their teachers to do Nattuvangam.
- Dress Code: For Girls: Only practice chudidhar or practice saree is allowed. Salangai is not required; Simple stud and Jimmiki, with one bangle on each is enough.
For Boys:Jippa or Kurtha;
For Carnatic Music Students
- Carnatic Music Exam students should bring their own individual Shruthi box with Battery.
- Students who have applied for instruments in grade exam should bring their own instruments and students who bring Electric instruments should bring their own battery for the exam.
- Dress Code: For Girls: Traditional Dresses (pavadai sattai or Half Saree or Saree)
For Boys – Jippa or Kurtha;
Exam pattern for Drawing & Painting
- Pre-Grade - Grade 3
- 40 Marks for Assignment / Exercise Book
-60 Marks for Practical
- Grade 4 - Grade 8
- 50 Marks for Assignment/Exercise Book
- 50 Marks for Practical.