Diploma in Music creates the platform for students who complete higher school grade with music passion. This program incorporates a hands-on approach to performing, writing, and understanding music. It introduces music notation and basic music theory topics such as intervals, scales, keys and chords, as well as basic. This course is a great opportunity for learning nuance.
Stream A: Vocal
Stream B: Violin
Stream C: Veena
Stream D: Flute
Stream E: Nadaswaram
Stream F: Keyboard
Stream G: Mridangam
Stream H: Thavil
|Paper||Course Name||Practical / Theory|
Based on your stream (A-H)
- Fundamental Varisais upto Varnam.
- Simple compositions: Thevaram, Divya prabhandham, Thiruppugazh, Annamacharya, Purandaradasar.
- Mirdangam: Adhi, rupaka, Kanda chapu & Misra Chapu, Sorkattu for Saptha thalam, Tuning on Mirdangam and Eduppu Atheetham.
- Thavil: Basics, Manodarma sorkal, uruttu sorkal & mohra for chathusra jathi eka thalam 1,2,4 Avartha Korvais for chathusra Jathi thiriputa thalam.
- Theory of Music: musical terms, Musical forms.
- 72 Mela scheme.
- Raga lakshanas of some Ragas
Studying Music opens up many career opportunities. As well as jobs in music (from performance, composition, and production, through teaching, music therapy and community arts, to arts management and industry, and a lot more besides), employers in many sectors are increasingly seeking arts and humanities graduates for their transferable skills. As a music student, you achieve creative flair and imagination, confidence in expressing yourself, openness to new ideas, a capacity for hard work and an ability to analyse data. You learn the value of working with others towards a shared, finished product and a whole range of flexible, professional skills.